Hutchings Psychiatric Center
620 Madison Street
Syracuse, NY 13210
Phone: (315) 426-3600
Fax: (315) 426-3603
E-Mail: Hutchings Psychiatric Center
About Hutchings Psychiatric Center
The Richard H. Hutchings Psychiatric Center is a comprehensive, community-based mental health facility providing an integrated network of inpatient and outpatient services for children and adults residing in the Central New York region. The Center is situated on a twelve building campus in the University Hill district in the heart of the Syracuse medical community. The facility is adjacent to the SUNY Upstate Medical University and is within a five-minute walk to Syracuse University, as well as the city's business district. Guided by the vision “Hutchings Psychiatric Center will develop programs and services to enable persons with psychiatric disabilities to lead successful lives in the community”, the Center has been serving Onondaga, Cayuga, Cortland, Madison and Oswego counties since 1972.
Additionally, Hutchings Psychiatric Center is one of three rotation sites for the adult residency program, and the primary rotation site for the child fellowship program of SUNY Upstate Medical University, Department of Psychiatry . The Center sponsors a nationally recognized APA -accredited pre-doctoral internship in Clinical Psychology. Finally, the facility provides a fertile training ground for the Medical University's College of Nursing, Crouse Irving Hospital College of Nursing, St. Joseph's Hospital Nursing College and the Syracuse University's Department of Social Work through annual training rotations and internship programs.
Adult Inpatient Services (ages 18-65+)
- 105 inpatient beds located in three distinct treatment units buildings.
Adult Outpatient Services
- 1250 outpatients through a system of clinical, residential, social rehabilitation. and vocational rehabilitation services.
Child and Adolescent Services (under age 18)
- 30 inpatient beds (11 children, 19 adolescent).
- 110 outpatients.
- integrated inpatient, day treatment, and clinic programs.
- Adult: Onondaga, Cayuga, Cortland, Madison, and Oswego counties.
- Children and Adolescent: Onondaga, Cayuga, Cortland, Madison, and Oswego.