Creedmoor Psychiatric Center
Education and/or Training Programs
Creedmoor is a training site for professional disciplines:
- Psychiatry: Creedmoor Psychiatric Center sponsors the Creedmoor Psychiatric Center Residency Education and Training Program in Psychiatry, a component of the Department of Medical Education. The residency program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (AGGME), most recently on October 17, 2008 for five years. The Program was established in 1941 and has education and training affiliations with Queens Children's Psychiatric Center‚ the Columbia University Medical Center (CUMC) of the New York Presbyterian Hospital, the Columbia University Department of Psychiatry‚ the Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services' Pride of Judea Mental Health Center‚ Saint John's Episcopal Hospital‚ South Shore‚ and Wyckoff Heights Medical Center (WHMC)‚ also a New York Presbyterian Hospital affiliate. Applications to the residency are taken through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS).
Since 1991 Creedmoor has been a site for the five week Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons Third Year Medical Student Clerkship in Psychiatry. The Creedmoor Psychiatric Center Continuing Medical Education (CME) Program is another component of the Creedmoor Department of Medical Education. The CME Program is accredited by the Medical Society of the State of New York (MSSNY) in cooperation with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME). The CME Program received its most recent accreditation on March 20‚ 2009 for four years. The Department of Medical Education/Residency Program/CME Program can be contacted at: Telephone (718) 264-5030, Fax (718) 264-5027.
- Nursing: Registered Nurse Training site for clinical rotation of undergraduate Baccalaureate nursing students.
- Psychology: Externship (Psychology students in an accredited doctoral program) site.
- Social Work: Master of Social Work (MSW)‚ Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) Internships. Creedmoor is an approved training site for all accredited Schools of Social Work.
- Pharmacy: Creedmoor Pharmacy is an approved training site of Saint John’s University College of Pharmacy Institutional Externship Program for 4th year Pharm. D. Pharmacy students.
- Occupational Therapy: Creedmoor is an approved training site for several accredited Occupational Therapy programs.
- Recreation Therapy: Creedmoor is the site of accredited Art and Music Therapy internships.
- Rehabilitation Counseling: Creedmoor is a site for an accredited Rehabilitation Counseling internship program.
Comments or questions about the information on this page can be directed to the Office of Mental Health Creedmoor Psychiatric Center.