Daniel’s Law Task Force
Created via Chapter 57 of the laws of 2023, the Daniel’s Law Task Force was established in order to:
- identify potential operational and financial needs to support trauma-informed, community and public health-based crisis response and diversion for anyone in the state experiencing a mental health, alcohol use, or substance use crisis.
- review and recommend programs and systems operating within the state or nationally that could be deployed as a model crisis and emergency services system.
- identify potential funding sources for expanding mental health, alcohol use and substance use crisis response and diversion services.
Read the full text of Daniel’s Law Task Force charge.
August 30, 2023, 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM,
Empire State Plaza, Albany NY, Meeting Room 1
Past Meeting Materials
- Ann Sullivan, MD, Commissioner of the NYS Office of Mental Health, Chair of the New York Daniel’s Law Task Force
- Chinazo Cunningham, MD, Commissioner of the NYS Office of Addiction Services and Supports
- Rossana Rosado, Commissioner of the NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services
- Chacku Mathai, appointed by the Temporary President of the Senate, Member of Daniel’s Law Coalition, and person with lived experience of mental health and substance use conditions
- Rohsennase Dalton LaBarge, MD, appointed by the Speaker of the Assembly
- Mark Deavers, BS, Representative with expertise in crisis response through the State Emergency Medical Services Council, Director of Emergency Medical Services at St. Lawrence Health, and Chair of the New York State Emergency Medical Services Council (SEMSCO) Systems Committee
- Jonathan McLean, LCSW, Representative working as a licensed mental health professional, Chief Executive Officer at Center for Alternative Sentencing and Employment Services (CASES)
- Rachel Morrison, MAMHC, Representative who is employed as a crisis response call center personnel or crisis intervention personnel, Program Director of 24-hour Crisis Hotline at Crisis Services, Buffalo
- Darcie Miller, LCSW-R, Representative of the New York Conference of Local Mental Hygiene Directors, Commissioner of the Orange County Departments of Mental Health and Social Services
- Christina Sparrock, CPA, Representative with lived experience mental health, Member of Daniel’s Law Coalition, behavioral health advocate and educator
Comments or questions about the information on this page can be directed to: