Skip to Main Content

Office of Mental Health

OMH Field Offices | Patient Safety Standards Guidelines | BHSA Council | FAQ's

Prior Approval Review (PAR)

The process for applying for certification (license) from OMH is through the Prior Approval Review (PAR) process. Title 14 of the Codes, Rules, and Regulations of the State of New York (14 NYCRR) Part 551 establishes the minimum standards to ensure that entities providing mental health services that seek an operating certificate from the Office of Mental Health (OMH) will meet appropriate criteria for quality, safety, and fiscal viability.

The purpose of this site is to help you determine the following:

Please note that a certified program provides an array of planned services, which are pre-defined by regulation to meet the specified needs of persons with mental illness, requires the prior approval of the Commissioner of OMH, and is issued an operating certificate.

Comments or questions about the information on this page can be directed to the Bureau of Inspection and Certification.