Behavioral Health Value Based Payment (BH VBP) Readiness Program
In 2017, BH VBP program funds were awarded to selected networks of Behavioral Health Care Collaboratives (BHCCs). The main goals of the Readiness Program were to:
- Prepare BH Providers to take part in VBP arrangements
- Improve the integration of physical and behavioral health
The selected BHCCs used funds to enhance quality care and improve outcomes. This included clinical and financial integration and the use of community-based recovery support services.
In 2021, New York State allocated $20 million in American Rescue Plan Act enhanced Federal Medical Assistance Percentage (eFMAP) funding to BHCCs.
The eFMAP funding supports the BHCCs (and the Behavioral Health Independent Practice Associations (BH IPAs) resulting from the BHCCs) to:
- Increase access to behavioral health rehabilitation services
- Increase integration of behavioral health and physical health
- Increase implementation of value-based reimbursement strategies
Please contact VBP Readiness with questions or to provide feedback on the program.
BHCC/BH IPA eFMAP Initiative
- Enhanced FMAP Funding Program Guidance for NYS BHCCs and BH IPAs
- BHCC BH IPA eFMAP Funding Initiative Overview
NYS BH VBP Readiness Program
- BHCC Workplan Template
- BHCC Budget Template
- BH VBP Readiness Overview
- BHCC Deliverables
- BBH VBP Readiness FAQs
- BH VBP Readiness Funding Methodology
- DSRIP Region and County Health Planning Data